Austin Girl

i'm a mommy, a supportive wife (mostly), a loving daughter, a lazy but well-meaning friend, a texan, a reformed party girl, a slacker, a seeker, a chameleon, a reluctant L.Alien, trying to find the meaning of life in los angeles.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Thursday, February 09, 2006

it's a boy!

a good friend just gave birth to a baby boy last night. his name is luca! she had a home birth with two midwives and had him in water. they are both doing great! they said his head was a bit misshapen, but that is normal.

my kid looked like a boxer when she came out, her face was all swollen, red and lumpy and her head was a bit flat. but that all corrects itself. babys are EVERYwhere.

i had a frightening thing going on in my head this morning. when i woke up and looked around my room, i tried to envision where the kid's old crib would fit best. then i started thinking about asking our neighbors if they are finished with it. they borrowed it when they had a baby 3 years ago. i can't believe all of this was going through my brain! what's wrong with me??? i think i have brain damage or something. one of my work buddies has the CUTEST 6 month old boy, and he was up here the other day. i was squeezing on him. and what was worse, my husband was here too and he was getting all gushy.

i guess i'm at the point that if we are going to have another baby, it has to happen now! i turn 40 in a year! eek! but i am TERRIFIED. working a full-time job, having to pay for daycare again, sleepless nights, dirty diapers, rashes, BREAST PUMP!!!! on the other hand, tiny toes, soft cheeks, unconditional love, new discoveries, a baby brother or sister for the kid.

well, the jury is still out.

3 Comments:

Blogger JD said...

It's a boy! Yay! I'm glad everything went well.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Congratulations to your friend :)

Welcome to the world, Luca!!

I really want to give birth in a tub, but there are zero hospitals in SoCal that have birthing rooms with tubs. So, I'll settle for a tub in the room I can get in and out of during labor.

As for having another baby, in a couple months... you can spend all the time you'd like with our new little man. Trust me - I'm going to want as many people as possible with me as I go through this for the first time.

That said, it would be awesome for you to have #2. Because, by the time s/he is born - I'll know what I'm doing and can be there for you!

1:24 PM  
Blogger amos1967 said...

i would LOVE to meet your little man when he comes. xander is a great name! and i agree with what you said in your blog. x is a very cool initial. i grew up as a.w. or AWWWWW. now i'm a.d. that's boring.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home