Austin Girl

i'm a mommy, a supportive wife (mostly), a loving daughter, a lazy but well-meaning friend, a texan, a reformed party girl, a slacker, a seeker, a chameleon, a reluctant L.Alien, trying to find the meaning of life in los angeles.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Holiday Blues

I haven't blogged in a LOOOOOOOOONG time. No time for it. Thought I'd say something, even though nobody reads this. But maybe one day I'll come back and see what I was thinking at this time in my life.

On Christmas (yes, I'm not going to be PC) I love Christmas and all it stands for. I'm searching for the magic that it used to be when I was young. May never find it, but I do see it in my daughter's face, and that may be enough.

I hate shopping. I've never been good at giving gifts because I wait until the last minute, and then just give up. And I do so hate the commercial side of Christmas. I would love to just take the Kid and the husband out and do something in the spirit of the season, and just give to the community instead of giving a lot of presents to friends and family that they will think are "nice", but will either re-gift or stuff in a drawer somewhere.

We're not going to Austin for Christmas, and that stinks because I am so ready to spend the holidays at my mom's house. But I think it will be nice not to travel. I did a lot of that this year already.

So, that's all for now. The boss is calling. Aaargh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home