Austin Girl

i'm a mommy, a supportive wife (mostly), a loving daughter, a lazy but well-meaning friend, a texan, a reformed party girl, a slacker, a seeker, a chameleon, a reluctant L.Alien, trying to find the meaning of life in los angeles.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My first ever meme

noirbettie interviewed me.

1. What's the thing you miss most about Texas (not counting family)?
Oh, geez. That's a toughie. There are many many things. I'd say it isn't actually Texas I miss, but Austin. Town Lake hike and bike trail (even the stupid Stevie Ray Vaughn statue), South Congress Ave - (Continental Club, funky shops, Guero’s). I miss giant thunderstorms, the fireflies, and the sound of the cicadas on a hot summer's night. I miss and when the insane heat of summer slowly changes to a crisp fall with golden leaves. And there is a feeling that I have when I'm there which I don't know how to describe that I really miss. Things seem slower there, not as hectic. I miss the hippie neighborhoods and general funkiness.

2. What do you love best about Los Angeles?
The weather, the cultural diversity, the amazing restaurants, our friends, the fact that we are only 30 minutes away from the mountains or the beach.

3. How did you choose Helen's name?
It was my grandmother's name, and her mother's, and her grandmother's,and her great grandmother's, and maybe a few more before that. They were all Helens. My sister is a Helene, my cousin is Elena- variations. I chose to go back to the traditional. The other name we thought about was Lucie. Luke for a boy.

4. If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Ireland, because I think I'm part Irish, and I love the music. And Scotland (to hunt for the Loch Ness Monster, of course)

5. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Oh, do I have to? Grow up that is? Honestly, I want to be a puppeteer. Jim Henson was my hero. I dabbled in it for a while, and did a lot of research on the history of puppetry. I wrote my master's thesis on the famous Czech puppet duo, Spejbl and Hurvinek, and me hubby and I actually toured through the Czechlands on the puppet bus, and hung with the puppeteers. I'd really love to run my own children's theatre.

I think I'm supposed to offer to interview anyone who reads my blog, but I think there are only two or three of you. But if you are out there and have a blog (or hey, even if you don't) let me know and I'll think of 5 questions for you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

Hey Amy - I was so happy to see your comment today! I visit your blog all the time hoping for updates. Where ya been, girl?

I want details, DETAILS... and pictures.

Also, I'm excited about your possible move. For me, it was a great thing. Mostly, it was time to be closer to family.

I've got my fingers crossed for you!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home