Austin Girl

i'm a mommy, a supportive wife (mostly), a loving daughter, a lazy but well-meaning friend, a texan, a reformed party girl, a slacker, a seeker, a chameleon, a reluctant L.Alien, trying to find the meaning of life in los angeles.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

HAPPY VALENTIME'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


A big HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to my dear husband who is far far away right now in Germany. I MISS YOU SCHMOOPY!!!!!!!!
Another story: My friend Jill had a boyfriend once who said Valentime. Jill's birthday is on Valentine's (HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEW MAMMA JILL), and it just so happens that one of her biggest pet peeves is mispronunciation. She broke up with the poor schmuck. I've already revealed my biggest Valentine's horror story (the Paul breakup).
And my dear smallest Schmoop, my sweet daughter, gave me the cutest card today that started with "hi, its me. Helen." She makes me laugh so much. I think we'll do something special tonight, like make tea, do some silly dancing, have a nice dinner together, and then read "Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentime." If you haven't ready Junie B. books, you should. Even if you don't have kids. The writing makes me laugh so hard, I can't breathe! Another of our faves is "Junie B. and the Beauty Shop Guy". That one's a real side splitter. I've heard people say they don't like the Junie B. books because the grammer is all wonky. Because she talks like a kid! I say, what a great opportunity to discuss language with your kid when you read together. And you don't have to have a girl kid to enjoy the stories. Our good friends read them to their son, and he loves them too.
Well, signing off. Must work now. Happy Valentine's to all. No roses. No candy. No jewelry. Just a simple Happy Valentine's. Tell someone how much they mean to you. That's all its about.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too!!!

Hugs!

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valetime my dearest family! I wish that I could be there with you to do some silly dancing in the middle of our living room, since I am soooo good at it! The good thing is that I have some new underwear to dance in, so as soon as I’m back home, we can have a big dance pajama/underwear party. Since I learned from my last disastrous traveling experience, I am not checking my luggage on this trip, therefore there is no danger of me loosing any of my new underwear. Anyway, I hope that the little Schmoopy is feeling better, I am soooo looking forward to having a slumber party with you ladies, as soon as I’m back home.

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home