Austin Girl

i'm a mommy, a supportive wife (mostly), a loving daughter, a lazy but well-meaning friend, a texan, a reformed party girl, a slacker, a seeker, a chameleon, a reluctant L.Alien, trying to find the meaning of life in los angeles.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

happy halloween!

For Halloween, I thought I would post a list of some of my favorite scary movies I like to watch this time of year. I pretty much keep watching until after Thanksgiving.

THE HAUNTING (1963) (the remake was awful)
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES
THE OTHERS
CARNIVAL OF SOULS (newly discovered this year)- 1962 (aka Corridors of Evil)
NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

I need some more! If you know of any, let me know. I like atmospheric and creepy rather than gory. Black and White is always good (unless its bad....)

I offer as an example of BAD- THE TERROR with a very young Jack Nicholson and Boris Karloff, directed by Roger Corman. I bought this one for a dollar at Target. It was HORRIBLE. Might be ok if you were drunk and watching with a big group of rowdy individuals, with popcorn you could throw at the screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home